Myths about Chiropractic Lifestyle
1) Chiropractic Doctors are well educated. After the require pre-med undergraduate studies, today's Doctor of Chiropractic completes an additional four year program at a chiropractic college. Doctors of Chiropractic spend an equivalent amount of hours in anatomy, physiology and biochemistry as those in medical schools, sometimes more. Where education differs is they spend many more hours studying pharmacology while we spend those hours learning adjusting, biomechanics and a natural approach. We believe strongly taht the people of Tustin, Irvine, and Santa Ana will benefit from our hundreds of hours of studies in these courses on low back, mid back, and neck pain.
2) Chiropractic is scientific. Doctors of Chiropractic meet stringent licensing requirements, follow a strict code of ethics, and are approved by governmental agencies. Chiropractic is scientific. many recent articles have come out in JAMA and other well researched journals demonstrating Chiropractic's benefits as well as its advantages over traditional medical care in studies such as low back pain. As sophisticated diagnostic equipment become available, researches are affirming what Chiropractic doctors and their satisfied patients have known all along. That Chiropractic care works, patients feel better and are sometimes the only hope for people who slip through the cracks or are not helped for years by more traditional, drug dominant treatment methods. This is the reason why we have worked specificly in the Tustin, Irvine and Santa Ana area.
3) Chiropractic adjustmenting does make sense. Well, that is our responsibility to train you on what we do, how we can help, how long we think it might take, etc. When you are being treated, you should know why and what area, our goals and the challenges in your personal care. A recent patient compared Chiropractic care was " like lifting a heavy rock off your toe." I hope you undersand that pain can come on suddenly in an accident or take years to develop, pain being a later '"symptom" to show up in many patients. These patients may take pain medications for there low, mid and upper back pain , sometimes for years, but Chiropractors try and find the cause of this pain, not just treat the symptom. I think this makes sense to people, don't you? I think the people of Tustin, Santa Ana and Irvine want more than just symptom relief, they want correction. This is why we look at the Neck, Low back, and mid back areas completely.
4) Chiropractic treatments are not painful. We have many patients that have felt pain for years, some find their medications are becoming ineffective or find themselves taking heavier dosages to fight the worsening pain. We have found that most discomfort felt by patients is more nervousness than pain and diminishes with each treatment as their health and trust in us improves. We do touch and press on some areas that are painful, this is our job, but our treatments are tailored to reduce this discomfort. We at Orange Coast Chiropractic Group of Tustin, Santa Ana, and Irvine use various low force, non force and physical therapy techniques for those who do not like traditional adjusting methods. Ask us about these techniques, they might change your mind on seeing a Chiropractor for those in and around Tustin, Irvine and Santa Ana. When we help your body realign the spinal joints, we find the pain and discomfort will diminish and health improves. When the Vertebrae of the spine return to a more normal position, proper nervous system functions can be restored, symptoms relieved, and the natural healing process can proceed.
5) Chiropractic is safe. This year, hundreds of thousands of people will die from medically prescribed drugs and the side effects of medicine. You cannot watch a TV show without a short commercial about the benefits of a new drug or medication followed by most of the commercial filled with disclaimers or warnings. Of the millions of patients benefiting from chiropractic this year, only a handful will have a negative experience. These numbers are lessened by doctors who do thorough histories and examinations like we do at Orange Coast Chiropractic Group. You and your family will notice and appreciate the difference.
6) We determine when a treatment program for correction or just pain relief. Do you want us to help you fix this problem or just get out of pain? We will explain why our care can benefit you and how long it will take. This interaction is the key to you feeling comfortable, getting better and understanding reasonable goals and proper expecations for your care. You may continue as long as you want. Like regular dental checkups, once patients experience the value of chiropractic, many choose to continue. How long you decide to benefit from Chiropractic care is always up to you. The truth is, Chiropractic is a conservative, drug-free approach to better health that has helped millions of people since 1895.
A continued schedule of regular Chiropractic checkups can help detect, correct, and maintain optimum spinal and nervous system functions. Find out how Chiropractic care, combined with proper diet, exercise, and other aspects of good health and personal hygiene can enhance your well-being and help you enjoy life to the fullest. As your Doctor of Chiropractic for care program designed for your age condition and lifestyle.
We do specialize in Neck, Low Back, and Mid back pain.
Dr. Keith Kausler , D.C. and Dr. Todd Cunningham, D.C.
Orange Coast Chiropractic Group
14151 Newport Ave Suite 102
Tustin, Ca 92780